Wednesday 10 August 2011

Smoking needles and flying fur!!!!

HI Every one :) hope you are all well and managing to get lots of lovely stitching done :0
Well as you know things have been very busy here at the mouse house recently and hopefully now have calmed down so that some semblance of normality resumes .... ok I am not that normal with a name like mouse hahahahah ;)
soooo grab that cuppa and off we go .....
I have to report to the chickens loyal fan club that the girls (Barbara and Margaret) have gone to their posh new home last Sunday (photos later)..... I spent a lot of time trying to convince them to smile for you all .... I had them sat on my knees and at the side of me and I hope you like what I managed to take ..lol ... just wish I had a cushion as the derrière went numb hahahaha .
Mr Postie was good to me this week as well, as I received a chart from a fellow blogger  Jenny from http://onestitchcloser.blogspot.com/  sent me Autumn Pumpkins Welcome from the Sweetheart Tree  complete with special little  nibbles from her  parrot :) a lovely long letter from DJ too and I  also received my secret pen pal note *waving small paw at you .. thanks for the tea and the kind offer too ... may just take you up on that ..lol ;)  mine was sent off as well and I hope she may have got it by now ..... Parsley organised this and has done a lovely job :) I just love getting proper mail :0
 Niina my lovely friend has been very naughty and enabled me into buying some more stash hhahahh ... she sent me a link...http://www.wasatchneedlecraft.com/ to a lovely shop with a sale on and also another 20% off on top .... sooo DD1 saw a chart she would like me to stitch and it went from there ..lol ... when i converted the dollars to pounds I found I was extremely good .. darn it hahahaha ....
 sooo I shall be stalking the postie yet again as I know there is my summer biscornu on its way too *VBG


The flying fur of the title is a chocolate Labrador called  Fudge and he is on loan for two weeks while his owners go off on hols ... he has settled in sooo well and I don't think he will want to leave ..lol ... he has these mad 5 mins running up and down the rooms flying round and at 13 months old he can fly ..lol  photos below too ...... we got took out for Sunday tea with some friends of ours to the next but one village to ours called Wentworth .. they have a wonderful garden centre and also one or two lovely pubs .. on of which we got treated to a lovely meal at ...... they have a lovely westie called Wellington and he grew up with my boys (who are now both at the rainbow bridge ) and he decided to pose for me at the table .... the photos turned out lovely and his owners are well pleased with them (also below ...) Have also put some photos of the village on too ... :)


well on the stitching front and on to my second cuppa .... I have finished both twin samplers  and just need to make up into cushions ... I went to the Quilt shop and got some lovely fabric for them and also a few other bits (that I still can't show you yet either ) and all I have to do is make up a wee hangy thing to celebrate their christenings too .... that shouldn't take too long hopefully (fingers crossed ..lol) 
I also have finished the stitching on my private exchange piece for Angela and just need to make up then it can be on its way to her .... I have started the PIF for Ally too  and also kitted up the one for DJ and for Linda and will get started on them asap :)
My competition piece for the stitch bitch blogs challenge is almost finished and ready to make up with fabbie from the above stash haul ..lol and I've got emails back from my follower winners and shall be searching suitable projects to make for each of them soon too :)
Deep Breath here hahahah and a slurp of the cuppa ....... I am going to drive up to Glasgow at the end of the month to go and stay with Ally ... and taking up a few essential supplies ... over locker, fabric , threads as well as lots of tea bags and milk of course hahahah ooo and not forgetting her PIF and some stitching to do while there ....  and I am going to meet up with some fellow stitcher's up there too sooo there shall be lots to tell once I get back and hopefully lots of photos too :)


well I had better up load the photos for you to have a nosy at and enjoy  ...
Barbara and Margarets new home

view from pub

Wellie :)

High street Wentworth

Paradise Square at Wentworth

Samplers finished

Fudge on a walk

Barbara 

Margaret

Silkie cross cockerel


Buff Cockerel 

found these and couldn't resist

Fudge after walk :)


So there you have it folks for this weeks update ...... I shall squeak to you all soon and hope that you all have a fab week of stitching and crafting too :0
ooo mustn't forget LynnB is having a fab giveaway for her followers at http://happinessiscrossstitching.blogspot.com/

and Buttons and stitches blog put me onto the http://pumpkinpatchandcobreastfund.blogspot.com ......where you stitch something for breast cancer and send to the Attic Needlework shop and they are auctioned off to raise funds for this wonderful cause :) ... needless to say I have put my name down and the stitched item has to be there before the 1st November :)


and that is defo it tonight folks ..... t.t.f.n love mouse xxxxxx

28 comments:

Barbara said...

I'm out of breath just from reading your post!! LOL Wellie is just adorable. We had hopes of adopting a Westie but it didn't come thru but I'm very, very happy with Vallie. She's the spoiled baby of the family now. I'm also thrilled to see my name under such a beautiful chicks picture. LOL
Slow down....you make me look bad! LOL
Blessings!

Margaret said...

Wow, so busy! Glad you got fun mail and all. Great pics of the various pets and stitching too!

Catherine said...

Great update!! You've been busy! Love the pics - especially High Street and the Square!!!

Sweet Sue said...

Lovely post Mouse, good of you to share with us. Wishing you safe travels to and from Glasgow, enjoy:)

Sandi Jo said...

My goodness you have been busy girl! Love the pics of the poultry!

Jenny said...

Hey Mouse - those samplers are too cute! Great job and I am really impressed with stitchers that can stitch the same piece more than once...
I love the pics of the puppies and Maggie and Barb are just too adorable - I would have a hard time trying not to catch them and cuddle with them every 5 minutes or so.
Take care and say hi to all the pets!

marly said...

Love all the pictures! Great post - little bit of everything.

Gabi said...

Fantastic finishes. Love your twin samplers. Sounds like you were very busy.
Love all your pictures :)

Niina said...

hehehe...Good or bad, who counts?

mdgtjulie said...

I have so much to say, I don't know what I should say first, lol. Lovely piccys. The girls' new home looks great. And the wellie too. And Wentworth looks beautiful!! Grats on finishing up your sampler, and the chicks (do we still call them chicks) look great. Fudge looks to be having the time of his life, lol. Your matching samplers look great too. Can't wait to hear about your outing with Ally. I hope you have a wonderful time!! I can't wait to see pics of your haul, when the time is right.

Maggie said...

Lovely stitching :-)

Wentworth looks lovely, and Paradise Square looks beautiful,you can see lots of hard work goes into keeping those gardens lovely!

mmmm, a chicken with the same name as me! not sure what to say about that, lol. At least its not an old hen, lol

Ali said...

Cor blimey missus you've been busy again!!! Like the sound of your new patterns cant wait to see 'em - oh how cute is your little mouse in the teapot xx

cucki said...

wow..you sound so busy..i always love the pictures on your blog..so sweet chickens..and lovely stitching too xx

Parsley said...

Firstly...I do adore the pups! So things are going well with Fudge?

The chickens make me sigh. I think it would be fun to have some egg laying hens.

Lastly the stitching. How many hours did you spend on those lovely projects because they are so detailed. Wonderful!

Susan said...

Busy, busy, busy. Makes me tired just reading! Beautiful finishes! Wasatch Needlecrafts is my favorite ONS! Karen is a delight to work with and is very customer friendly (at least in my experience). Should we warn the postman to watch for stalking mice? 8-)

Carol said...

You sure have a busy life, Mouse!! Love the photo of the perfectly named, "Fudge!"

Your trip to Glasgow sounds like it will be fun--safe travels to you :)

Christine said...

Your twin samplers are lovely, looking forward to seeing them made up.
Glad you found your way to the Wasatch website, Karen is lovely and she stocks some beautiful things

Sally said...

Wow you have busy! Those samplers are gorgeous!

Wellie is so sweet and I just love Fudge. I love Labs. Glad the girls are settled in their new homes :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great post! Love all the chat. Hsve a nice time in Glasgow, don't forget your phrasebook!

Just out of interest, how much P&P does that website charge for the UK?

Joysze said...

Awww, chickies house is so cute!!! Love your sampler finish as well. :D

Enjoy Glasgow!!! :D

Hannah - City Stitcher said...

ooo, so much going on! love your pictures.

have fun in glasgow, if anyone offers you a kiss, say no!

I'm heading north next week, but only to Northumberland, any further north and I get vertigo :)

take care, hannah xx

Nancy in IL said...

Goodness, Mouse! The chicks are looking like adults now! That's the size mine were when they mysteriously disappeared.

The twin samplers are so very sweet, but expecially sweet are the pix of Fudge and wellie! I just love animals of all kinds!

Thanks once again for a fun visit!

Pete's Pixie said...

Having now decided to give the gardens a miss cos its cold!!! I am going to stitch instead but thought I'd better add a comment here or you'll shout at me! Its bad enough I shall be dodging the wet noodle whilst you're here! Hoping to provide some sunshine and Minnie cuddles - can't wait to see my PIF!!! Kettle's on by the way! Hugs, Me xxxxx

"pappi puikoissa" said...

Beautiful twin samplers, bright colours!
Fury friends are always cute, too - either owned or borrowed...

Dani - tkdchick said...

Whew! I'm catching my breath after that! Cute little twin samplers. I've finished one baby sampler for one friend and have to start a second for another but not before I do friend #1's wedding sampler. They decided to do things a little backwards. I do also want to do a baby's first christmas ornament for both kiddies!

DJ said...

Wow, Mouse, you have been a busy girl!! Love all the photos, but the little mouse in the teapot was just so YOU!! What beauties your little chickens are....I'll bet you'll miss them roaming your yard. Oh...I saw my name mentioned....can't wait to see what you are stitching!! Have fun at Ally's...I'm jealous, would love to be there sipping tea and stitching with you guys. Have a grand time! *Hugs*

Siobhán said...

Wow, what a busy time of it! I loved all the pictures. Beautiful work on the samplers! Wellie and Fudge are just adorable. My neighbors had a westie named Stitch that they didn't watch as well as they should have, and he was knocked down by a car, poor little guy. We haven't seen many chocolate labs here, mostly black and white, so were admiring a chocolate lab at the park yesterday. I love the name Fudge... I was saying to my daughter that if I were to get a choc lab, I'd name him or her Hershey, since we lived about an hour away from Hershey, PA. :)

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Busy needles indeed - and that's not all. Keeping up with those darlings must keep you thin! What a lovely place, Wentworth. Would be a great place to sit and stitch if the weather is cooperative! And speaking of stitching, your twins are really pretty!