Sunday 5 August 2012

Finally something to show you ..lol

Hi every one :) the kettle has just boiled and I'm taking orders now heheheh ... think you might need one today ....
I have finally got some stitching to show you whoop whoop ... Master Bentley has also posed for you ... he was really impressed that you had missed him and he agreed to have some photos taken just for you all ;0
I got my first wage last week and I splashed out on some trims from Nancy's Victorian Motte Sampler Shop and I am eagerly awaiting their arrival :) 
I also won a chart on the bay of evil Acorn Sampler by With my Needle and I splashed out on Strawberrry Sampler by Heartstringsamplery which I have wanted since she released it earlier this year and now I haves it heheheheh .... her links to the shop etc and how to get her yummies are on her blog :)


While having a clean out in the garage DH came across something I had forgotten I had got ... sooo I took a photo and see if you can think what it is :) may even be a small prize heheheh 
Soooo what have I been up to ..... well apart from work work and more work ..lol I entered the Christmas/Winter in July Challenge over on Friendly Stitchers  I oorginally put down for three ornaments but that was before I got the job ...lol I did well I managed..... two..... hehehe and the third is in the wings waiting to be started .... Jillann has let me know that hers has arrived so I can finally show you ... I did Red House in Winter by LHN  twice heheheh .. its one I wanted to do for myself and thought well everything was there I would do it for her as well :) the third one when I do it will be peace by LHN (I stitched it for a rak earlier on this year too )
Last night I managed to finish finish my red house and also my busy needles into wee cushions  .... ... it was soooo nice to see something stitched and finished at long last .....
I have worked on a wee bit more of Dawn of Spring but it isn't released until next week so I can't show you just yet .... and Thursday it was stitching at Bev's and I managed to get some more done on Pumpkin Cottage .. it was the first time I had put needle and thread together in 5 days ...... *sigh this working lark sure does eat into your stitching time ...lol .... on the plus side I can now afford some stash goodies and go to Harrogate for definite hehehe....
I really need to hire someone to clean my house, do the washing and cooking too ... any volunteers ????  no I didn't think soo hahahahahah 


I have been trying to sneak visits to you all and leaving a comment as much as I can but usually by the time I get time for the computer I am falling as sleep ... Last week was hermitting weekend as you all know and I did stitch and finish that ornament for me ... but half way into the afternoon I took a mouse nap in my chair both days .... one minute I was stitching the next minute I woke up a few hours later  with my needle stuck ready for the next stitch !!!!!
hopefully today I will manage to stay awake long enough to get something done  ..lol


Red House In Winter by LHN for Jillann

the start of mine with Jillanns finished

posing for you all 

can you guess what it is ?????

Buns at Bev's made with help from GD

ebay win :)

progress on Pumpkin Cottage :)

The travelling Pattern :)

isn't it beautiful 

new orchid growing 

Goodies from DJ :)

can't wait to get started on this one :)

my blog win from Mary Ann

Red House in Winter for me :)

Busy Needles :)
well I shall go and pop the kettle on again while the photos up load ready for you to have a wee peek :) oooo I see they have already uploaded .. cooo that was quick ..lol
I received the Lizzie *kate Travelling Pattern Lifes a Stitch from Margaret so today I shall be starting it and as soon as I can will announce when it will be ready to go on its merry way :) it was a good mail day as I received goodies from DJ too on the same day .... she sent a chart she thought my DD1 would love and stitch ... well she loves it.... but mmmmm not sure about the stitching bit . heheheh .. think it will be up to me ;0 she says it will be stitched by 2016 ????
thank you for thinking about me :)

oooo my phone is ringing 

tell them I love them all :)


mmmm I think it is time to go and make something to eat and another cuppa .... I shall leave you all for now and hope to be back sooner than I was ..lol
take care every one and happy stitching :) love mouse xxxxxx



52 comments:

Vickie said...

Hi Bentley! You handsome dog you.♥
What wonderful goodies in the mail. I will keep watch for when you are done stitching that traveling pattern.
Your finishes are lovely. I like both of the bows on top of the red house.

Daffycat said...

I love Red House! What a darling finish!

Your teeny oil can is adorable - good find!

Cracking up at Bentley answering your phone. That is a great photo!

Shirlee said...

Lovely stitchings Mouse ... & Bently looks so dog-gone cute : ) I'm glad work is going well but it's a shame it cuts into your stitching time. Perhaps you should talk with your boss about bringing some of your stitching to work : )

Margaret said...

Your stitching and finishing is wonderful as always. Love all your new stash too -- you deserve it with your first pay! Bentley is adorable as always! It's funny about oil cans -- when we were cleaning out our basement from the flooding, I discovered 2 or 3 of them down there. They'd been left there from the previous owner! And they're nice ones too. :D

Denise said...

Great finishes! Good for you to still be stitching when you are so busy!

Fiona said...

Lovely finishes, yes work really does cut into crafting time :( Your item you'd forgotten is an oil can!!

Joyce Clark Frank said...

I love your little dog. Give him a playful hug from me and Leo(my cat). Leo loves little dogs.
Red House is on of my favorite and it has a special place on my tree.
Love all of your other pieces.
What great stash you now have.
Happy stitching and keep the kettle on.

Rita said...

Beautiful finish, wips, and great stashing.

Jackie said...

Dear Lady,
you have been busy working, creating and collecting. The red house and busy needles are beautifully finished.

Jackie

Julie said...

It's a shame you can't train dogs to do the housework! Although your little furry friends look like he might get into some mischief with a dishcloth lol. He is a handsome chap.

Super piccies of your stitching, love the ornie you sent, how lovely to make one for you too.

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Great stash and your finishes are beautiful! Sorry about your reduced stitching time. On my last job I had 12-hour days (including travel time) and most evenings I was just too tired to stitch! Molly saw the photos of Bentley and now she's in a swoon. I'll have to get the smelling salts! :)

CalamityJr said...

I wonder if those of us who can identify your item are telling our age, but that's a little oil can! Your stitching is all so lovely. Darn that work, though - I totally understand! Hello to Bentley from Woody!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Great stitching project progress and finishes. I'm guessing the found object is the oil can? Bentley will be answering the phone before you know it! :-)

Michelle said...

Yes I'd say it was a little oil can one for a sewing machine I'd say. Lovely photos and lovely new stash. x

Unknown said...

Oh there you are, I've been missing you but then I've not been on blog's much with the Olympics and my bug gone on holidays...its sunning itself by the sea I'll bet and I haven't stitched in a month, but I have been knitting, lots of little things, bet you can't guess what ? Not sure what you've found as you put the bun picture straight after it and what can I say I'm weak, I drooled over the buns rather than think what it should be. Bentley is as gorgeous as ever and I'm really glad work is well working out and you've got stash moneies and can go to Harrowgate, pity about it eating into stitching time.

butterfly said...

Two sugar's please mouse and one of those lovely buns, yummy.
Beautiful stitching again love your win's and beautiful photo's of Bentley, Enjoy your stash how lovely.
I think you might like to come over to my house blog for tea, we have a surprise waiting for you.
Have a great Sunday.hugs.

Gillie said...

Yes please to a bun and a cuppa. You will have stop calling it the bay of evil if you win things, you know! Hugs to the black and white guy!

cucki said...

beautiful finishes and lovely stash..
hugs xx

Linda said...

Hi Mouse. I just had major surgery and have been trying to catch up on blog reading, but now leaving comments. Have to say, your stitching is awesome and great stash. Bentley is adorable as usual. I'd say your find is a little oil can (or the mouse LOL).

Linda

Laurie in Iowa said...

Bentley is such a handsome boy. It's an oil can... lol :-) Your stitching is lovely, as always. Like your new stash haul too.

Melissa said...

Glad to hear the new job is going well! You have had some beautiful progress and finishes!!!

Hey, if you know someone willing to do that housecleaning, let me know....mine needs it too. ;*P

Denise SA said...

Love your stitching , your stash and your oil can.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I love your Red House finishes and the Busy Needle finish, too! You got some great stash and goodiew in the mail.

Tricia T said...

You've been a busy Mouse! You know, DH and I went for a ride today and passed a cheese shop named the "MouseHouse". I thought of you!!!

Love all your new stash. It's fun to have a little extra spending money, isn't it! : )

Happy stitching (and housework, too! LOL!)

And This Little Pig said...

Lovely stitching, great photos, handsome Bentley. Can't wait to see more of Pumpkin Cottage.

Oh I'll have a green tea :@

LiBBiE in Oz

Rhona said...

You know that I NEVER refuse a cuppa, mouse! New stash from your first pay....mmmm, best way to spend all that hard earned cash! Enjoy.
Bentley is looking as handsome as ever!

marly said...

Enjoyed all the goodies in this post! Including Bentley.

Anne said...

Oooh hugs to Bentley! I've missed you and him and I hope all is well with work and you are getting into a groove!!Such pretty little red houses and I love your finish. Um that thing looks like something Madonna would have worn during her Express yourself tour...just sayin'! Fab ebay win and lovely progress too.

You should train Bentley to answer and take messages :D

Hugs

Lesleyanne said...

Your Red House and Busy Needle finishes are gorgeous as is Bentley. Lovely new stash.

Christine said...

Great stitching, the Red House ornament is lovely.
As far as your mystery object goes, I was going to go for one half of a Madonna dressing up outfit, but apparently consensus is that its an oil can

Chris said...

Lovely to visit with you too Mouse and Bentley.
I love your red house finish and the Bee too. Pumpkin House is looking great too.
You have gotten some lovely stash too. We need to find some more time to stitch too. The weekend afternoon naps usually get in my way too.
Have a great week!

dixiesamplar said...

Awesome post Mouse...love the stitching, the stash, the flowers, and the always handsome Bentley!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a fun post! You have so many delightful projects on the go, not to mention many more awaiting in the wings :)

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Good to have a visit with you today! I love the tiny little oil can. Looks like one for a sewing machine. Mr. Bentley is getting to be a big boy. Very handsome. Miss Shelby says "hi." Hugs

Barb said...

Great finishes. I do love red houses. I also love the pictures of that cute dog!

♥ Nia said...

Great stitching! You always have so much to show :) and I love watching your pics! Love the photo with Bentley saying 'thank you for thinking about me' LOL :D
Fun post! Thank you for sharing with us :)

Ziggyeor said...

Love the pretties. You need a job like mine, when there are lulls I can fit in a few stitches ;) No ones complained yet. But, that is about the only good thing. :p
Happy Stitching

Janet P said...

Love the red house and the way you have finished it. And Bentley is just great, they don't need to speak, a look is enough. Work does get in the way, I'm glad I am now retired!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You've certainly saved up alot of lovely photos for us all! I love the LHN ornie in particular.
The oil can has Singer on it so I'm guessing it came with a sewing machine at some point?
Maybe Bentley could write the blog like Coni's dog Stewey while you're working!

Angela said...

I love both Red House and Busy Needle! Great progress on all your other projects too. I love that chart Ravenmoon Hall and have been thinking about getting it :)Bentley is cute as always :)

Unknown said...

GREAT stitching Mouse!!!!!!

Carol said...

Glad you are putting your wages to good use, Mouse!! Looks like some lovely things you purchased.

I love the Red House finish--really lovely... And Mr. Bentley is looking mighty cute posing with Miss Mouse and that tiny oil can. I've never seen one that small :)

Mylene said...

Lovely finishes and great pictures of Bentley.

Catherine said...

Hello Mouse! It is always so nice to come across a post from you! So many pretty projects and pictures. You are definitely a busy little mouse, so enjoy those naps when needed! Panzer sends his doggie best to Bentley.
Hugs!

stitchesnscraps said...

Ms Mouse, how I have missed Master Bentley! You are dangerous with a little bit of money! LOL! Look at you spend! Well done! Lovely stash all! I am pretty sure that wee little thing is a small oil can, used to reach into small spaces. Wonderful update and thanks so much for sharing!

Melissa J.

blueladie said...

Mouse so good to hear from you. Since I was a recipient of one of your lovely pillows a great while back, I know first-hand what a wonderful needlewoman you are. Lucky people receiving one of your goodies. (Lucky you with all the wonderful stash you've received!) They all look beautiful! Please give an extra loving pet to your lovely furbaby! :)

Cindy said...

Your stitching is awesome as usual.
Love the oil can.
You can wait for the housecleaning fairy along with the rest of us She seems to have disappeared. Probably retired to a nice beach somewhere.
Bentley is so cute.

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Your Red House ornament is lovely!

Your dog is adorable, and I love the little mouse he is posing with!

blue star stitcher said...

It looks like you have a great mail day! WOW! And Bentley is so handsome, I love his long ears. My sister had a spaniel that looked just like him, and lived to be 16 years old!

DJ said...

So glad your daughter liked the pattern! I thought maybe seeing something she likes would make her want to stitch....alas...sorry I made ore work for you to do! Love your stitching, and the pattern you found on e-bay is lovely!! Give pats to Bentley...oh and your mystery object, I think that's an oil can...right? By the way, if you send a plane ticket I'll come be your maid!! *wink*

Meari said...

The little item Bentley is magestically posing by is an oil can.

Congrats on your finish. Very pretty. Oooh, and an Ebay purchase. Nice! Pretty flowers, too.

Brigitte said...

Ohh, you've finished two beautiful cushions. And look at all these new charts, they are so gorgeous and promise many hours of stitching. I also have the Acorn Sampler chart but haven't started it yet. Maybe next year.