Saturday 1 March 2014

I love my postie and other tales :)

Helllooo every one , sorry to have been so quiet for a wee while but at the mouse house it has been all go for the last few weeks with one thing and another ....
My youngest DD has opened a sweetie shop and is on Just Eat and we have been very busy with this (it is now a family run thing ..lol) and she has unfortunately been off from her "normal " job with her back so it has been down to the rest of the small crew to do the orders and deliveries .... while she recovers and waits to see the consultant on Monday ....
Meanwhile back at the mouse house we are in the middle of renovations .... we are having a new window hopefully fitted to our bedroom on Monday .... it should have been done on Thursday but the glass was broke when it arrived at the warehouse *sigh .... sooo not only that I have been desperately trying to redecorate and we have ordered some new carpets etc etc etc .....
Blimey *mouse scoots off and gets the drinks and the cookies ... almost forgot eeeekkkk .... here you go ... 
sooo back to the title again ..lol 
Beth  when she was on her travels last year in Paris she found a wee something that she thought would be good for my birthday and it arrived safely at the mouse house the other week .... it is a gorgeous wee tiny mouse button, it is to coin a phrase tres cute :) and a lovely card with goldfinches on it :) I shall have to make something really special to add it to it :) Then not longer after that there was another parcel that came from across the pond to the mouse house from Ma Teakettle  if you cast your minds back a wee bit I won her 6 year blogaversary and my goodies had arrived .... and lets say I had a wee drool fest over them ....lol , there were 6 charts from my favourite designers .... six gorgeous threads from one of my favourite thread peeps .... some Bohin Needles , another couple of yummy threads for good luck and some floss bags too and the newest threads from DMC which are really quite scrumptious colours and have yet to get here as far as I know .... now all I need to do is kit them up and squeeze a few more hours out of the day to get them stitched up ...lol 
Then the other thing that has been keeping me quiet is .... a competition chart that was designed by Gaynor of Stitcheranon fame .... she designed a beautiful butterfly and there has been a lot of interest in the competition .... I decided to do mine in Threadworks 11011 I think lol on antique white opalescent 28 count fabbie and finished it as a cushion backed with fushia pink dupion silk with a wonderful butterfly ribbon and crystal pin ... the deadline for the entries was today and I squeaked in late last night PHEW ... sooo if you want to pop over and see the rest of the entries I think they will all be on there from tomorrow at 12.00 pm  mouse house time ... there is a poll bar at the side I seem to recall she said soo please bob over  and vote for your favourite :) 
I have also in between things stitched on Miss Peepers so can you see the progress report on that too ...
other than that I have managed to take some photos of Spring arriving ... thank goodness , it does seem to have been a long winter and we have had it quite mild compared to a lot of you .... 
OOOO I almost forgot that my goodies to DJ arrived safely as well as a wee RAK to Amy (no blog) so I can now show you those too and also the Travelling Pattern book made it safely to Peggy  so that was three big sighs of relief I can tell you ...lol 
ok I had better go and find the photos to show you ... any one else want another cuppa ??? tea , coffee , hot chocolate ??

Hope Cushion designed by Stitcheranon

Booo I am a pooch in a box ...lol 

Goodies from Ma Teakettle

spot the ladybug





almost there on Miss Peepers by LHN

next doors bloomed two days ago

mine almost there 



Cute wee mouse button from Beth :)

Rak to Amy 


stitchers tray and pincushion to add to the bourse already sent

Friendship bag for DJ

wee goodies from London sent at same time

hope you have all enjoyed your wee visit to the mouse house ....hopefully won't be as long between them next time :) Take care one and all and looking forward to catching up with you all soon :) love mouse xxxxx

28 comments:

Heather said...

Mouse, Your stitching is gorgeous! :-) I will have to go vote. :-) Your pooch in a box is adorable! :-) ♡ ♥ ♡ I am envious of your flowers. We are still in the grips of winter. We are supposed to get 6 to 10 more inches of snow tomorrow and Monday. :-(
I love the goodies that you won. :-) I hope everything settles down soon and your daughter's back is better soon. :-)

Margaret said...

I am so envious of your springtime loveliness. So unfair. I want spring so badly. Love the stitching and the goodies! Hope your DD feels better fast -- good for her and her business too!

Linda said...

Lovely stitching Mouse. Wonderful received and sent. Love all the yard pics.

Linda

Meari said...

Adorable stitching and gifts... both sent and received. Hope DD feels better soon.

Maggee said...

What a great post! I am loving everything! Great gifts received, great gifts given, good stitching on Miss Peepers, which I have in my stash, glad to say! Bentley is the cutest! My neighbor has a daffodil that bloomed, and several clumps have appeared in my front yard, but...it is going to possibly snow Monday, so good luck to early spring here! LOVE your rendition of Gaynor's butterfly! I have been looking for a good variegated pink... Enjoyed your post a lot! Hugs!

Barb said...

Wonderful stitching Mouse! Plus lovely gifts and winnings. The best part is seeing Mr. Bentley in the box!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your spring flowers are gorgeous! It's spring here too - we have tree pollen all over the place. It sounds like you have your hands full with your DD's back and the renovations. I'm glad you've found moments to stitch!

gracie said...

So many pretty things....lovely, all of it.

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely post bursting with goodies!! Love the wooden button from France, what a terrific find :) Your butterfly cushion using our dear friend design is just precious. I love it!!

Christine said...

Lovely stitching and gifts Mouse, and I enjoyed seeing all your spring flowers too

Vickie said...

Wow! What a lot of stitchy goodness!
And Bentley too. =)
I am sorry your DD had back troubles. Hoping that appt gets her back up and running.
Your butterfly is gorgeous.

Peggy Lee said...

What a great post! Beautiful stitches all around. Very generous winnings from Ma too.
I love that Bentley. His face is so full of expression.
I can understand a bit of what your DD is going through. I hope she mends quickly so she can get back to those delicious goodies!

Sherry said...

Your stitching is lovely! We are starting to see some flowers and trees budding. I just hope all of our bad weather is gone so nothing dies off.

Julie said...

Spring is definitely around where you are, your flowers look lovely.
Great stitching, your version of the butterfly is really cute, must hope over and vote for my favourite, thanks for the heads up.
Awww I hope Master Bentley doesn't get posted out by mistake!
Good luck to your daughter in her new venture. I hope she is soon feeling pain free.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful goodies, given and received! Great progress on Miss Peepers too, and good luck with the competition! Your entry looks lovely. :D

Myra said...

I just love reading your posts! Master Bentley is just so stinking cute. I love what you did with the butterfly design, very pretty.

Anne said...

Look at all your Spring flowers!! I'm so jealous since ours haven't come up at all yet. We just got a bunch of snow last night...very odd for Vancouver in March I tell ya! Oooh your Butterfly pillow is smashing! The added crystal and ribbon makes it very pretty. Wonderful giveaway win from Ma!! Lots of great charts there! I spied the ladybug and a cute Master Bentley in a box! Funny puppy! I love your stitcher's set you sewed! XoxoAnne

Vicky L said...

Beautiful stitching on Miss Peepers. Lovely gifts you have received and given away.

Thoeria said...

Lovely stitching Ms Mouse :) Bentley looks adorable! And what scrumptious stitching bits! I do hopw your DD feels better soon - and congrats on the sweetie shop! I LOVE the ladybug....they're my favouritist bugs ever! :D

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Love all your stitching goodies! Your signs of spring make me just green with envy! We got yet more snow last night. Bleh! Have a good week. Hugs!

butterfly said...

I always enjoy my visit at the mouse blog house.
Lovely stitching , and goodies .
Beautiful post sending Hugs .

Michelle said...

Its lovely knowing Spring is on its way x

Brigitte said...

I loved to see all these spring pictures with the lovely flowers that are already blooming or about to bloom. Here spring is just around the corner and I have already seen little snowdrops and primrose in our neighbour's garden. Looking forward to seeing more green and colours outside.
You have been very busy helping out your daughter and with your renovations. And with your stitching and sewing. Hreat butterfly and such nice little RAKs for your friends. Enjoy the charts that you won.

Carol said...

We sure could use some of your spring sights over here, Mouse--no sign of anything but snow out there :( I loved seeing your photos though--they brightened my morning! Lovely gifts sent and received, too... Hope your daughter's sweet shop is a big success--what fun!!

Andrea said...

Does Master Bentley often frequent boxes!! Beautiful gifts that you sent and received. Good luck to your daughter with the sweetie shop, those shops seem to be making a comeback now. Oh spring flowers ... how lovely to see.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a busy Mouse House! And what a dangerous shop for your daughter to be running, how does she ever bear to sell anything and not eat it all herself?!!

Some gorgeous gifts there, the giveaway prize was most generous.

I will be heading over to Stitcher Anon to vote soon. I do hope that none of my other friends have entered or I will have to invent multiple signons to vote for you all.

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely stitching. Gorgeous gifts sent and received. Love the picture of Bentley. Your flowers are beautiful.

Pete's Pixie said...

Leaving a comment cos I got told off for not leaving one hahahaha - can't wait to see the flowers for myself; won't be long now :)