Sunday 29 January 2017

Birthday Musings :)

Helloooo :0) I hope that this finds you all well and not toooo cold atm ... please pull up a chair , grab a brew and some birthday cake while you are here too ..
I would like to thank everyone who has sent me cards and gifties and also for all the messages and pictures on FB too ...  also to my work colleagues for getting me candles for my cake and singing to me :) you have made me feel one special wee mouse :)
I have been busy on the stitching front and sent out two little gifts of my own ... one to Jo of serendipitus stitching and the other to Butterfly and as they have landed safely at their end I can now show you all ...
I have done some more stitching on the Linen and Thread SAL, worked on some more of my new year's day start at Chris's the other night .... started a new L*K peice when DH and I was away yesterday and I have also finished the top of my 50th Birthday Quilt now known as the Quilt of Friendship :) thanks Jo .... I have even got the wadding in place now and need to quilt it asap so that I can get it finally finished .... DH got me the variagated cotton thread today for my machine while we were on our way back from our Christmas Present break that was booked on my birthday weekend at the Palace Hotel at Buxton.
The break was just what we needed, especially as I have had a wee blip in my health and I am having some tests done tomorrow .... I have found a lump and at the same time my coil has gone missing ... DH says when they find it can they change the frequency so we get a better music channel hahahah ..,,, Seriously though I am hoping that they are both related and the coil is the main culpit of my symptoms ..... I will let you know how I get on once I get some answers :)
Soooo on to something nice ..... our wee break at Buxton was lovely ... the hotel is a huge Victorian house with oooddles of rooms on every floor ...our room was way out the back of the house and was very quiet and although basic it was clean and very comfortable .. I started my new L*K peice "Do your best " while DH was chilling with his book and the sandman;)
We went out for a look round on the Saturday evening before our dinner was due and got us a bun to celebrate my birthday... I did take a photo .lol 
Sunday dawned bright and crisp with a hard frost overnight sooo walking down to the Pavillion Gardens was fun to say the least .... I managed to stay upright and got some nice photos while we were out and about ....I said to DH the things we do for my blogging friends ...lol , we couldn't cross to the other side of the bridges in the Gardens as they were soooo slippy ...  and in the back ground of one of the photos you can see it is white over .
The journey back as a different way to the journey there and we travelled past the Blue John mines, through Castleton and Rivelin .... I manged to get some decent shots from the car and some not sooo but it will give you an idea of the road we travelled on and the gorgeous scenery we saw ....
Master Bentley was overjoyed to have us back ... we didn't know but the hotel takes well behaved dogs so next time he could come with us and wear his dickie bow and fit right in :) he doesn't like us leaving him behind ...even though both DD's were at home ....
I have got all my RR peices now so I will be starting them this week as I don't think I will be going to Chris's as normal on Tuesday, as bless her she has come down with a head cold ....
Hmmmm think that this is all my news sooo I shall find my photos for you as I go and fill the kettle again for you all :)

For Jo

Quilt top ready for quilting :)



early morning sunrise

hotel room

university of Derby


Opera house




Very slippy bridges in the Pavillion Gardens



Booo

this is a Dipper ... I checked in my new book :)




The old baths turned into a shopping center


look how white it is on the hills

just loved the look of this shop front

The Palace Hotel






Lady Bower resevoir

L*K Do your best ... new start

getting further

moving along a bit more

my birthday buns ... I had the Bee ...

dinning room ceiling




 
For Butterfly

19 comments:

gracie said...

Wonderful pictures

Bea said...

You've been busy. Thanks for sharing all those photos - beautiful countryside. Your pillow ornament gifts are so cute and you're doing well with your stitching. I hope all your tests come back clear and all is well.

Kaisievic said...

Great post, Michelle, so glad that you had a lovely time away and thank you for risking the slippy bridge to take photos for us. Lovely stitching for Jo and Butterfly, too. Happy Birthday again, hugs, Kaye

Kaisievic said...

P.S. Mouse, so sorry, I forgot to say, good luck with the tests tomorrow.

CalamityJr said...

Lovely photos and gifts. I'll be saying a prayer for tomorrow's tests.

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Fabulous pictures as usual!! Looks like you had a great time! Coil?

Beth said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I hope all turns out well for you. I'm almost finished reading "On the Road to Little Dribbling" by Bill Bryson and he wrote that Buxton was absolutely charming - from your photos I can see why! What a wonderful post-holiday break!

Julie said...

Firstly, hope all goes well for the tests and it turns out to be storm in a teacup {hugs}
Great pics of your visit, I went to Blue John mines on a school trip...when was that .... oooeer must be over 40 years ago now!!
Lovely gifts you sent to Jo and June.
The quilt looks so snuggly.

Vickie said...

I am praying for you and your health Michelle. I absolutely loved your photos today. Love the colors you are stitching with on your SAL.♥ Who would have thought the old baths would be a shopping center?!?

Maggee said...

Another picture-filled post that I love! I am afraid I do not know what the 'coil' is, in relation to your health, but I do pray that all is well, and that there is nothing new to diagnose! Your SAL is looking terrific--great colors! I have seen a few other progress pictures... a temptation to join, for sure! The quilt is so pretty! Love all the pink of course! Can't wait to see the finish! Nice to see a bit of your countryside again. It just amazes me to see buildings like the place where Mary Queen of Scots stayed...over 400 years ago!! Big Hugs!

Sweet Sue said...

Happy Stitchy Birthday!

Sally said...

You have been very busy Mouse. Lovely photos from your time away.

Love all your WIPs. You always stitch very pretty things.

Gorgeous gifts for Jo and June.

Hope everything went well with your tests.

Astrids dragon said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
Looks like you had a wonderful time, great pictures!
Hope all is well on the health front.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful pictures! Great new stitchy starts too, and the quilt top looks wonderful. I really hope your tests come back clear! :D

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a great time. Your stitching and finishing are wonderful. Hope your tests went OK. Beautiful photos too.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Great pictures and finishing on your stitching. Your friendship quilt will be lovely when completed.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I like the new name for the Quilt of Friendship, you don't need to mention your age now!
I love my little pillow too, I am busy arranging some of my stitched gifts in the display cabinet I got for my special birthday and then I might actually take a photo of it!
The hotel looks lovely, as do all of your photos.
I particularly like the colours you've chosen for the Linen & Threads SAL.

DJ said...

Looks like you had a lovely trip! Your pictures always make me want to jump on a plane and come visit England!! Lovely stitching!! I especially like the friendship piece! I'm so glad everything turned out ok...you were in my prayers!

Sok Sareth said...

Looks like you had a lovely trip! Your pictures always make me want to jump on a plane and come visit England!! Lovely stitching!! I especially like the friendship piece! I'm so glad everything turned out ok...you were in my prayers!

ลาลีกา